Hey there! And happy almost Thanksgiving to you! The prep has already started in the Houseful of Nicholes with these Nutty White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, and I’m excited to let you know that I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite blogger buddies to share several days worth of their cookie recipes with you. I’m the first up, and I am making Nutty White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies! It’s a mouthful, but oh so good! They whip up in a blink of an eye, and you can have some ready to go to serve to guests in the time it takes for them to call to say they are at your front door.
The base of these is for a regular chewy chocolate chip cookie, and quite honestly, you could add a combination of two cups of anything into this, and it would taste good. I think that I’m going to try Reese’s Peanut Butter cups next and see where that gets me with visitors.
Speaking of visitors, are you one that loves having visitors this time of year, or do you see it as a chore? I love having visitors or pre-ordained days, but not all of the time. However, I love baking, so being able to share the goods that I have made with someone else is a part of the season that I look forward to. The smell of the cookies cooking is magnificent. Warm cookies, an ice cold glass of milk, and laughter and memories is just so awesome.
Now, speaking of these cookies. Chewy. Sweet. So. Good. The secret to chewy cookies is melted butter. Did you know that? Melted butter instead of room temperature butter provides a great chewy cookie, each and every time, and also negates the need to wait for butter to get soft in the first place. YAY for melted butter!
I really, really want you all to make these cookies, so I’m going to share the recipe, but I also want you to visit the blogs of the rest of the blog hop crew and get THEIR recipes too! It’s the season of giving, and the season of eating, and the season of happiness! Cookies make lots of people happy, and sharing the recipes to cookeis makes ME happy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans or any other nut you would like (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F Line cookie sheets with baking mat (I use a Silpat)
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and put to the side.
- In your mixing bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, until light and fluffy. Add sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Roll a scant half-cup of dough into a ball that is higher than it is wide, and place dough onto cookie sheet and bake until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (approximately 11-14 minutes). Do not overbake.
- Cool cookies on wire rack and enjoy!
For the rest of the bloggers participating in the hop, check out the list below. See ya around!
Mon 11/23 Houseful of Nicholes
Tue 11/24 Journey Of 1000 Stitches: Christmas Cookie Tree
Wed 11/25 Allie Ferriera: Chocolate Peppermint Cake Cookies
Thur 11/26 My Crafty Life: Chocolate Chip Waffle Dunkers
Fri 11/27 Rosie Discovers: Oreos That Beg to be Swapped
Sat 11/28 Hysterical Mom: Festive Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sun 11/29 Diva With A Purpose: Easy Peasy Cookies Supreme
Mon 11/30 Crayons & Collars: Homemade Puppermint Dog Treats
Tue 12/1 So Rae. Me – Gluten Free Bourbon, Cranberry and Almond Cookies
Wed 12/2 The Peanuts Gang Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix Cookies
Thur 12/3 Mama Knows It All: Granola Chocolate Cookies
Fri 12/4 A Real Urban Mom: Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Sat 12/5 From the Kitchen of Mama Harris: Cherry Pecan Thumbprint Cookies