Hey there! And happy almost Thanksgiving to you! The prep has already started in the Houseful of Nicholes with these Nutty White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, and I’m excited to let you know that I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite blogger buddies to share several days’ worth of their cookie recipes with you. I’m the first up, and I am making Nutty White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies, the perfect holiday cookie! It’s a mouthful, but oh so good! They whip up in the blink of an eye, and you can have some ready-to-go to serve to guests in the time it takes for them to call to say they are at your front door.
The base of these nutty white chocolate cranberry cookies is a regular chewy chocolate chip cookie, and quite honestly, you could add a combination of two cups of anything into this, and it would taste good. I think that I’m going to try Reese’s Peanut Butter cups next and see where that gets me with visitors.
Speaking of visitors, are you one who loves having visitors this time of year, or do you see it as a chore? I love having visitors or pre-ordained days, but not all of the time. However, I love baking, so being able to share the goods that I have made with someone else is a part of the season that I look forward to. The smell of the cookies cooking is magnificent. Warm cookies, an ice-cold glass of milk, and laughter and memories are just so awesome.
Now, speaking of these cookies. Chewy. Sweet. So. Good. The secret to chewy cookies is melted butter. Did you know that? Melted butter instead of room temperature butter provides a great chewy cookie, each and every time, and also negates the need to wait for butter to get soft in the first place. YAY for melted butter!
I really, really want you all to make these cookies, so I’m going to share the recipe, but I also want you to visit the blogs of the rest of the blog hop crew and get THEIR recipes too! It’s the season of giving, the season of eating, and the season of happiness! Cookies make lots of people happy, and sharing the recipes for cookies makes ME happy!
Nutty White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans or any other nut you would like (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F Line cookie sheets with baking mat (I use a Silpat)
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together and put to the side.
- In your mixing bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, until light and fluffy. Add sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Roll a scant half-cup of dough into a ball that is higher than it is wide, and place dough onto cookie sheet and bake until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (approximately 11-14 minutes). Do not overbake.
- Cool cookies on wire rack and enjoy!
For the rest of the bloggers participating in the hop, check out the list below. See ya around!
Journey Of 1000 Stitches: Christmas Cookie Tree
My Crafty Life: Chocolate Chip Waffle Dunkers
Rosie Discovers: Oreos That Beg to be Swapped
Diva With A Purpose: Easy Peasy Cookies Supreme
So Rae. Me – Gluten Free Bourbon, Cranberry and Almond Cookies
From the Kitchen of Mama Harris: Cherry Pecan Thumbprint Cookies