I have one grandparent left. She’s pretty spry for her age, but I consider myself one of her caregivers. Not the main one – that title of family caregiver belongs to my aunt, her daughter, but I do often get her for day trips, and I need to know what to do with her in case of an emergency. We had a fun one on a trip to New York a few years ago, and I’m happy that we came out on top. It was a bit of a scary moment there, and I’m sure that I would have been happier knowing that I had options where I was instead of having to call back home and worry my aunt. Now that I know about Sam’s Club Family Caregiver Program, my mind is at ease. Both for me and my aunt!
Did you even know that Sam’s Club has a Family Caregiver Program? It’s where you can order supplies, set up Club Pick-up or get more details on their scan and go program. It’s also where you can get tips on how to best care for your loved one. I know that my Granny loves sitting on her front porch and people watching. It’s one of the things that cracks us up about her. Mostly because it requires US to sit still while spending quality time with her. There were times where she would relax with a shake like Ensure and tell us about growing up, and watching us grow up. We also laughed at me taking some of her Ensure when I was in my twenties because it was all I could drink after having all of my wisdom teeth removed. Oooh, the fussing I got for that!
Now I can order her cases of Ensure online, and have them ready to load without ever getting out of the car through Sam’s Club! Here are more perks:
- Download the Sam’s Club Scan & Go app to gain access to great deals, pay quicker, and beat the checkout lines!
- Here’s how it works: Barcode scan: Scan each item’s barcode in the store with the item scanner.
- Payment: Pay fast for wholesale items directly in the app. It’s a time saver.
- Wholesale savings: Pay fast by showing your digital payment receipt to the exit greeter.
Who am I kidding? This is a time saver with KIDS in general. Being able to pay for the products as we’re walking through the store? However, when you can’t really stay out shopping for long periods of time, it’s nice to be able to save time wherever you can. This is amazing.
- Shop online and looking for items marked “Club Pick-up”. You can also use the “Easy Reorder” option and select from a list of your past in-club and online purchases.
- Get time back in your day as a member of the Sam’s Club team fills your cart with your items.
- Bypass the register and check in on the app, at the kiosk inside or pull up in our Drive Thru area (available in select clubs)
Now that I’ve learned the joys of shopping online and letting other folks pull them off the shelf for me. Running that “errand” online and picking it up when it’s convenient for me is a cakewalk. Being able to spend the time saved with loved ones sure does beat standing in line to check out.
I know that having packages for personal necessities might be embarrassing for some people, so it’s nice to know that they when delivered, only the consumer knows what’s inside.
- Help with the loved one. Whether that’s with offering to make dinners once a week, or even taking care of laundry. Take some of the load off of the main caretaker.
- Call in to check on the caregiver. They need support as much as they support their loved one. Even if the feeling overall is upbeat, it’s nice to know someone is thinking of you, while you’re pouring into another.
- Give money when you can. Honestly, a little goes a long way
- Offer to stand-in so they can go out. Whether it’s a movie, a date with friends, or just a walk around a park for a couple of hours, offer up some time for THEM to get back to taking care of themselves instead of having to focus on their loved one. It will rejuvenate them, and you’ll probably brighten up the day of the person you’re staying with.