Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
It’s a NEW YEAR and we’re starting it out with a bang! If you weren’t aware, I’m still on a mission to get our urban farm up and running by 2020, and we are in early plans of land development over this way. Anyway, late last year we met with an architectural renderer to see if they could put our vision on paper. They could, we just needed to pay. And I sat on it, scared out of my mind to ask my friends and associates to invest in our vision. Well, I asked just for the money to cover the 3D rendering, and got much more than I anticipated. If you’re interested in helping, or reading our story, or sharing what we’re doing you can click on the photo below (the amount is updated) and go directly to the group. We have ALL the plans in there, and we’re just so excited to bring a love of agriculture to our neighborhood in Chicago.
In the meantime we’re ordering seeds for our own backyard garden and prepping to build the forever being built chicken coop. What are you up to? Any new recipes that I need to know about? Share them below!
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. 10 Best Broody Hen Breeds for a Self Reliant Chicken Flock from The New Homesteader’s Almanac
2. Reduce Chemicals in Your Home from The Green Acre Homestead
3. WHite Bean and Pork Stew from The Bearded Hiker
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.