Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
This week has been a doozy for sure! While I’m taking a break from most of my social media platforms and letting Mr. Houseful slide into my place (are you all ready for #ThisORThatThursdays) we’re busy preparing our oldest son to leave us at the end of the summer for his first year of undergrad. It’s kind of like gardening you know? You put all of your might into germinating good seeds so that your bounty can produce 10, 20, or 30-fold what you planted. One good seed we have, and we’re hoping that he blooms where he’s planted this fall.
Other than that, it’s been hot as heck in Chicago, and I’m melting. I’m also realizing that heat totally changes my mood, and I have to find great ways to keep cool that doesn’t put us in the poor house from me running our central air 24 hours a day. If you have great suggestions, let me know in the comments. I’ve been drinking water and eliminating sugar and carbs so that I cool down naturally, but that’s not helping as much as it could be. I need to be like 65 degrees at all times. You’ve been warned.
The kids want me to bake bread, and the mere thought of it makes me want to curl into the fetal position and wail for eternity. However, I love my kids enough to do it, and I’ll be reactivating my sourdough bread starter this week for baking next week I believe. Cross your fingers.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet Your Hosts!
Follow Their Blogs
Kelly – Simple Life Mom (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | G+ | Instagram)
Bonnie – The Not So Modern Housewife (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | G+ | Instagram)
Ann – Live the Old Way (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Natasha – Houseful of Nicholes (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Liz – The Cape Coop (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we take turns choosing three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. DIY Natural Flea Bath for Dogs from DIY Animal Doctor
2. Harvesting and Curing Onions from Oak Hill Homestead
3. Homemade Peach Ice Cream from My Fearless Kitchen
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Link Back to be Featured!
Join Our Pinterest Board
Follow us on Pinterest and send me a message that you’d like to be added to our Homestead Blog Hop group board. The only rule is to only add posts that you’ve also added here.
Leave a Reply