So, a couple of months ago, I signed into Klout and saw that I was the recipient of a brand new perk. A Windows Phone.
Now, normally, I don’t get OVERLY excited about perks – wait, that’s false. Every perk that I get, I get excited about, but this one ranks right up there with Chevy. Literally. A FREE phone? I’m a Blackberry girl (yeah, yeah – shut your pie holes) all the way, but this was a chance for me to have a better operating system and a better phone for actual social media operations. However, I still love my blackberry – small screen and all.
I happened to get the Samsung Focus S, a very slim very sleek second generation Windows phone. The very first thing that I noticed was the size of the screen. A full 4.3″. Now tell me that’s not fantastic. No more squinting my eyes or having to enlarge my screen so much so that I lose the ability to read anyway.
So here are the rest of the pros right off the bat:
- They have live tiles. Literally buttons that give you up to date information on whatever you “pin” to the front of the screen. You can “pin” your favorite people, games, apps, anything!
- The very BRIGHT screen. Score.
- The very LARGE screen. Double Score
- The operating speed. 4G is my friend.
- The Windows OS. I happen to like it. I’m not ultra techy, but it works for me.
- The slim design.
- The just right sensitive touch screen.
- The battery life. For reals.
- The camera clarity and options
- The video clarity
- The syncing system for your PC.
- The touch screen letters are not spaced far enough apart for me to not look like a drunken co-ed when I am trying to send a tweet, or update my Facebook status. And for the record, I do NOT have fat fingers.
- The just right sensitive touch screen (a con here, because of smaller spaces to “touch”)