It’s that time again. I’m sharing a recipe on a non-food blog, because of things. The first is that I like to eat. I mean, I didn’t get these vivacious curves by osmosis! Lemon Cream Chicken is the recipe that hits the spot the most, and the sauce that it comes in is so good you might want to drink it.
I’m sharing a recipe that I tweaked a bit from Chungah that I’ve made well over ten times since finding it on Pinterest. By tweaking, I mean I add quite a bit more in seasonings, and other stuff, but I’m using her recipe as a base. I want to give credit where it’s due.
Did you know this is keto-friendly as well? Well, it is, and it’s one that I turn to often because it’s SO filling, and the sauce just makes you wanna slap somebody – don’t do that though.
Also, if you’re a crispy chicken skin lover, you may want to have someone else brown the chicken thighs for you, otherwise, you’ll end up pulling off the skin before it’s time to serve just like I did. I regret nothing though.
The changes I made to the recipe are as follows:
– I added garlic powder and increased the amount of fresh minced garlic that I saute. Yes, my family likes garlic – you are free to increase, decrease, or omit to your heart’s desires.
– I totally increased the amount of spinach. 2 cups wouldn’t satisfy me, so I know that it wouldn’t stretch far enough for this motley crew I have.
– I added 1 extra tbsp of butter to fry the chicken in – so 3 tbsp butter for browning and 1 tbsp for the rest of the recipe. I’ve found that 2 tbsp soaked into the skin of my chicken a bit faster than anticipated, so I changed it up.
I appreciate Chungah for a winner of a recipe and for creating something that our houseful loves immensely! You can check out her site to see more great recipes, especially ones with chicken because let’s face it, there are a TON of ways to prepare it.
Lemon Cream Chicken
- 8 skin on, bone in chicken thighs
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder, granulated
- fine kosher salt , to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated) , not the green bottled stuff
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 6 cups chopped spinach
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season your chicken thighs with the paprika, garlic, salt and pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Drain fat from skillet.
- Melt remaining tablespoon butter in the skillet. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, stir in spinach, and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, until temperature is 165 degrees, around 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 341mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 10g
We are not dietitians or nutritionists. Please consult your doctor to make sure that you are using the best diet for your health