Welcome to the Homestead Blog Hop!
Last week was a rough one for me. On top of the extremely cool weather that we’ve been having, someone stole all of my watermelons from the educational/community garden that Mr. Houseful and I run. While I know of stories of people living all over the nation that run community gardens, work them tirelessly by themselves, and then donate all of that hard work to the community members, we can’t do that just yet. First of all, we’re not independently wealthy (oh how I wish we were) and the community garden isn’t our only job. I have the blog HI THERE READERS and while I would LOVE to focus on the garden full-time, I can’t, and neither can Mr. Houseful. So we do what we can. In any case, I was chastised for not feeling bad for the people who stole ALL of the watermelons because they might have been hungry. Usually, I give that thought some pause, until I realized that they took no tomatoes, no cabbage, no corn, no peppers, or any of the other items that we grow. Also, when I see people helping themselves in the garden, it’s usually at a very hurried pace, and they are trying to stuff as much food into large bags that they can. When we’ve talked to them about it, they feign ignorance, say that they will come back to help, and never do.
I’m thinking about discontinuing the garden fully, and just growing my own food in my backyard. It will certainly be cheaper, less stressful, and I’ll get to eat some watermelon.
Now on to the hop…
Homestead Blog Hop will take place every Wednesday and is for all things homesteading: real food recipes, farm animals, crafts, DIY, how-to’s, gardening, anything from-scratch, natural home/health, self-sufficiency, self-reliance, natural remedies, essential oils, & more! Basically anything related to homesteading.
Meet and Follow Your Hosts!
Ann – Live the Old Way (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Bonnie – The Not So Modern Housewife (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | G+ | Instagram)
Jessica – The Faithful Farmwife (Facebook |Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Kelly – Simple Life Mom (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | G+ | Instagram)
Liz – The Cape Coop (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
Natasha – Houseful of Nicholes (Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram)
from the Last Homestead Blog Hop
Each week we will choose three posts to feature. Each post will be shared on all social media platforms by all of the hosts! Here are the features from Last Week’s Hop:
1. 5 Herbs to Harvest Before Winter from Oak Hill Homestead
2. How to Substitute Dried Herbs for Fresh Herbs from My Fearless Kitchen
3. 10 Most Useful Eggshell Hacks from Little Urban Greenie
Congrats! Feel free to grab the featured on button for your post.
Just right click and ‘save image as…’
Guidelines for this Get-Together:
- Click on the “Add your Link” Button below and add a great image of your project or recipe. Make sure you link to the page of your family friendly post – not the main page of your blog.
- Link up to three posts each week.
- Try to visit at least a few other blogs at the party. Be sure to leave a comment to let them know you stopped by.
- Link your post back to the Homestead Blog Hop. If the hop isn’t linked to your post then you cannot be featured. All featured posts will be shared on all hosts’ social media channels.
- Please link up posts that you haven’t linked to the hop before. You are welcome to link old posts from your blog.
- By joining the party, you are giving the hosts permission to use one photo from your post with a link back to your site if it is selected as one of next week’s Features.
- This is a family-friendly link up meant to inspire and motivate the homesteader in all of us.
Let the Party Begin
Link Back to be Featured!
Want to add to our Homestead Blog Hop group board that goes out to thousands of viewers?
Just follow us and then send us a message on Pinterest with your email and we’ll get you added.
Marybeth @ My Fearless Kitchen says
Thanks so much for featuring my post on how to substitute dry herbs for fresh herbs! I love seeing all the fun things that people share here every week!