If you’re active around the twitter and the “book,” you may be aware that come the first week of May, a sweet conference will be taking place by the name of SoFabCon – or Social Fabric Conference. Currently, I am a member of Social Fabric, and I decided to share with you all a couple of reasons (plus three) why I should be picked for the scholarship.
Like to hear them? Here they go.
1. I need to stay true to getting a photo of Ted Rubin’s socks, now that I have been alerted to how he rolls. I started the first of what I assume will be many photos this year at our #CBias event in Chicago. Gotta love a man that knows how to wear polka dots.
2. Chicago is a bit on the chilly side, and we ALL know what couples do when it gets too cold. I’m sure a flight out of the city for a couple of days will do the trick. I can’t risk adding more to the Houseful this year. Did you see that Mr. Houseful and I have been outnumbered since 2010? The cellist will be 13 this year too – I can’t photograph him anymore without signing release forms apparently.
3. I really do love Social Fabric. They provided reasons for me to trick my son into doing a Book Report Board Display, take my daughter to eat ribs and meet Ty Pennington. I’d say, you want to see more of that, correct?
4. A blogger who earns scholarships, is a better blogger: Honestly, it’s no secret that HFofNicholes is part of the bigger picture of me being blessed enough to stay at home with my children. Which means that I never get vacation time away from my children. We all love and adore the cellist, the ladybug, and the twizzlers, but mom needs time off (if going to a conference and willingly learning new things counts as time off) to focus on things that make me a better mother, and wife. Can’t forget Mr. Houseful – who will turn into Mr. Mom while I’m gone. It’s hilarious. His Michael Keaton is EXCELLENT!
5. I kinda of secretly want to room with The Peanuts Gang blogger. Yeah. I’m all about selfish reasons here. Samantha is cool peeps, and she and I will add SO much to the blogging conference. Don’t tell her, I’m stalking her…kinda. She’s all types of great, and honestly the reason that I am writing the post in general. Who can beat that You Tube submission she did?! Just trust me, we’re a double act (IF by double act I mean that one person doesn’t know UNTIL the act is happening)
So, there you have it. My reasons that I should be given one of the 12 scholarships to attend the first #SoFabCon in May! Quite honestly, I’m ready to start this year off with a BANG, and what better way to do it, than the So Fab way?