Mr. Houseful is the person that introduced me to 5-hour ENERGY shot. Mostly because he likes to use it when we are doing road trips, for those times that I like to rest my eyes in the passenger side seat, and don’t provide the witty banter he would like. They’re a staple, but I have to be honest, when I smelled the contents of one, I was turned all the way off. It was one step higher than cough syrup, and I HATE liquid medication. It’s just – blergh. Why feel worse when I’m trying to get better? So, when I was challenged by 5-hour ENERGY to #Yummify my drink, I conceded, and this is what I came up with. You can enter your drink #Yummification at this website and explain what you made, and how you made it. They must follow these rules:
- The makers of 5-hour ENERGY® announced the launch of the “Yummification” video contest, where entrants can win a share of $100,000 for creating a video of their favorite way to mix a 5-hour ENERGY® shot with an everyday beverage. The contest will be judged on the creativity of the video and the taste of the creation
- Drink creations must follow the approved/non-approved ingredients guidelines (i.e. no caffeinated beverages or alcohol)
- To enter the contest, visit www.5houryummification.com and follow the instructions to complete the entry form; “Like” 5-hour ENERGY® on Facebook, then create and submit a video that is no longer than 60 seconds showing an original combination being made, tasted, and named (creativity counts!)
- One grand prize winner will receive $50,000, and the following prizes will also be awarded:
o Second Prize (1): Thirty Thousand Dollars ($30,000)
o Third Prize (1): Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000)
o Fourth Prizes (10): One Thousand Dollars ($1,000)
- Entries must be received by August 19, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT to be eligible. No purchase necessary. US residents only. 18 years and up
- To enter, visit www.5houryummification.com and follow the instructions to complete the entry form or “Like” the 5-hour ENERGY® page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/5HourEnergyShot and follow the instructions to click the contest tab
- For official rules, visit 5houryummification.com
For my drink, I decided to use my Pomegranate flavored 5-hour ENERGY shot, and mixed it with 2 tablespoons of ginger simple syrup, added two tablespoons of pomegranate seeds, and added chilled sparkling water for an adult sparkly bevarage that provided hours of energy and alertness for this mama, AND tastes good, because I can’t stomach them as straight shots. I’m a wimp like that. I came up with the name Pomegranate Ginger Snap while I was resting my eyes in the passenger seat of the car, and I think that it will stick.
About 5-hour ENERGY
- 5-hour ENERGY® shots are dietary supplements that provide hours of energy and alertness
- Contain a blend of B-vitamins, amino acids, and essential nutrients
- Helps people feel alert and energized for hours
- Zero sugar, zero carbs, zero herbal stimulants and 4 calories!
- Caffeine in a 5-hour ENERGY® shot is comparable to a cup of the leading premium coffee
- May consume up to 2 bottles of 5-hour ENERGY®, spaced several hours apart. For moderate energy, drink ½ bottle of 5-hour ENERGY®
5-hour ENERGY® is not an energy drink or intended to be mixed with alcohol. It is not intended for children, women who are pregnant or nursing, or people with medical conditions. It does not increase physical performance, dexterity, or endurance and does not treat or cure any disease or medical condition. Do not drink more than two per day, do not drink more than one at a time.
A Giveaway Because I LOVE You!
So, what else am I offering? How about with the graciousness of 5-hour ENERGY who provided the samples and a $25 gift card to get my creation made, they’re offering one of YOU the same! So, tell me why you need extra energy, and I’ll have a kit shipped your way! Contest closes August 30th at 11:59 pm CST